Bexhill College Mission
Vision - 'Outstanding College, Outstanding Opportunities'
Bexhill College provides opportunity and educational excellence for the young people and the wider community of Rother and Hastings.
- To deliver, in partnership, an engaging, demanding and exciting full time 14-19 programme.
- To achieve outstanding results that places the College in top 25% nationally.
- To provide high quality personalised support that enhances learning.
- To provide enriching opportunities which develop learners broader skills and increase their enjoyment, achievement, future participation in society and contribution to it.
- To maximise available technology to enhance the management and delivery of teaching and learning.
- To retain a well qualified staff, committed to continuous relevant professional development.
- To promote and celebrate diversity and in so doing respect and value the individual.
- To maintain the college's strong financial base as 'outstanding'
- To continually promote a safe and inspirational learning environment.
Summary Of College Charter
The aim of Bexhill College is to provide each of our students with the opportunity to develop his or her potential through a balanced, flexible and appropriate learning experience.
To provide this we undertake to:
- provide high quality teaching and learning opportunities for all students which enable them to meet the standards and requirements set by examination and assessment bodies
- provide accurate and accessible information about the college and operate a fair, friendly and efficient applications and enrolment procedure
- provide accurate information about fees and charges, and about grants and other financial support available
- ensure that all students have necessary information about how the college is organised introduce all courses with a clear induction explaining how they are structured, delivered and assessed
- provide access to high quality care and guidance and support for all students to support their learning goals and progression
- actively to promote equality of opportunity in all areas of college life
- be open and constructive in our response to problems and to offer a fair, open and prompt complaints procedure
For Parents of students aged 16-19 we undertake to:
- work in partnership with parents to support students’ learning goals and progression
- provide regular information on progress and achievement.
For Employers and the community we undertake to:
- work in partnership to develop and maintain high quality work experience opportunities
- develop services, provision and facilities which take into account the needs of business and the community.