Course Type : Recreational
Course Duration : 8 Weeks
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is the most recognised and established mindfulness course, taught all over the world, and scientifically proven to help people cope better with stress, depression and anxiety.
The course consists of 8 weekly two-hour sessions and one Saturday workshop for 2 hours. Through guided meditations, group dialogue, and home assignments, you will learn the essential principles of mindfulness and techniques to build your personal home practice and access the wide-ranging benefits well beyond the course.
Topics will include:
• A variety of formal and informal mindfulness practices involving the use of breath and body as a focus for being aware of our experience in the present moment
• Understanding the physiology of stress and how to self-regulate our moods in order to increase our self-management in challenging situations and manage our responses more effectively
• Recognising the patterns of worrying and self-criticism that often generate more stress
• Learning to relate to ourselves with a more accepting and kind stance
• Learning to have more mindful thus meaningful communications, connections and relationships
• Developing practical self-care tools to help us grow, build resilience and perform at our optimum
Commencing: Thursday 18th January and one Saturday as agreed with the group
Duration: 8 Weeks (9 sessions in total)
Time: 10.00am - 12.00pm
If you wish to apply for 2019-2020 academic year, please complete the online application form.