Why Should You Take This Course?
This course is suitable for anyone who has an interest in the Hospitality, Catering or the Tourism industry, who wants either employment in these industries or entry into Higher Education. The Diploma is equivalent to 2 A Levels. There is a strong practical element to the course including some cooking and planning a Hospitality event. You will also complete a work placement in a relevant setting. The course goes particularly well alongside Travel and Tourism, Business, Food Nutrition and Health.
The course consists of the following mandatory units:
- The Hospitality Industry
- Financial Control in Hospitality
- Providing Customer Service in Hospitality
- Principles of Supervising Customer Service Performance in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism
The Following Option units will be included:
- Principles of Nutrition for Healthier Food and Special Diets
- Contemporary World Food
- European Food
- Food and Drinks Service
- Alcoholic Beverage Service
- Planning and Managing a Hospitality Event
- Front of House Operations in Hospitality
- Supervisory Skills in the Hospitality Industry
- The Principles of Food Safety Supervision for Catering
- Marketing for Hospitality
- Events Organisation in Hospitality
- Accommodation Operations in Hospitality
How will I be assessed?
There are no exams for this qualification; you will be assessed through coursework and practical work.
Are there any special expenses?
Chefs Whites will be needed. We try and place you in placement near your home or the college in order to prevent you incurring extra cost. However, if you want a specific placement, you will have the extra transport cost. There will be some additional trips.