Photography Studies GCSE (Advanced Foundation Programme)

Entry Requirements:
At least 2 grade C's/4's at GCSE plus a range of D-E grades.

Why Should You Take This Course?
This course will allow you to gain provisional skills in both traditional and modern photography. It will also help you to develop your ideas creatively in a practical way.

Course content
You will gain knowledge and understanding of digital and darkroom photography techniques and practises whilst investigating historical context and research. You will combine your creative and artistic skills and apply them to taking and editing photographs using industry standard software. You will also study and research a range of artists and photographers and use this knowledge to reflect and evaluate you own work.

Are there any special expenses?
Basic Art equipment such as pencils and glue sticks and a sketchbook are essential and the use of your own digital camera will be beneficial.

What could I do next?
This is an ideal course to help to build up your body of Level 2 qualifications to lead onto a Level 3 programme. It is also an ideal starting point for many Art courses such as Photography and Graphics A Level or the Level 3 OCR diploma in Photography.

How will I be assessed?
There are two controlled assessments, one is to create a portfolio (60%) the other is an exam (40%) and will be in controlled conditions completed over 10 hours.

How to apply for this course

2017-2018 ENTRY: Apply for this course by completing an online form
2017-2018 ENTRY: Download an Application Form to fill in and post
The Bexhill 6th Form College website uses Cookies. If you continue using this website without changing your browser settings, we will assume you are happy with this.