Why Should You Take This Course?
Are you interested in becoming the next Jamie Oliver or Angela Hartnett? Do you want to have a career in Hospitality or Catering which is one of the biggest employment sectors in the country? Our courses are suitable for anyone with a passion and interest in working in this dynamic sector. The Professional Diploma enables you to develop the skills necessary for a career in this field. The teaching will take place in our brand new professional facilities.
You will complete a variety of units covering all aspects of catering which may include:
- Preparing and cooking stocks, soups and sauces
- Preparing and cooking fruit and vegetables
- Preparing and cooking meat and offal
- Preparing and cooking fish and shellfish
- Preparing and cooking pasta, grains and rice
- Preparing and cooking desserts, puddings and bakery products
- Healthier eating and special diets
- Food safety
- Health and safety
- Investigating the hospitality industry
How will i be assessed?
The cookery units of this course are assessed by means of timed tests / the cooking of individual dishes. Other types of assessment methods include research assignments, short answer written questions and small projects and presentations.
Are there any special expenses?
Students will need a uniform which can be purchased through the college.