Why Should You Take This Course?
This course will give you a thorough insight into the Outdoor Adventure industry focusing on both theory and practical aspects.
19 units covering the following topic areas:
• Skills for Land-Based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
• Skills for Water-Based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
• Outdoor and Adventurous Expeditions
• Alternative Pursuits for Outdoor Adventure
• Principles of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport
• Assessing Risk in Sport
• Fitness Training and Programming
• Leadership in Sport
• Principles and Practice in Outdoor Adventure
• Equipment and Facilities for Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
• Sports Coaching
• Work Experience
• Sports Injuries and Exercise
• Health and Lifestyle
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is completed over two years through assignment work. There will be written assignments and other assessments will take the form of tutor observations, placement reports, photographic or video evidence, diary entries and group work. Grading is awarded as Pass, Merit or Distinction.
Are there any special expenses?
There will be some additional costs for sport and outdoor adventure activities and residential trips. There is a uniform which must be worn for all lessons.
What could I do next?
BTEC Extended Diplomas are valued by employers and Higher Education. You could work in the Outdoor Adventure environment.
If you wish to apply for 2019-2020 academic year, please complete the online application form.