Why Should You Take This Course?
This course is designed to support students with their English Language development. You will be able to take this course if you have not achieved a grade 3 or above in GCSE English.
This course will help you gain skills and confidence in English. It will help you to prepare for GCSE English, further study and future employment.
How will I be assessed?
1. Reading: 40 minutes assessment in class
• Understand the main points of texts
• Two source documents
• Obtain specific information through detailed reading
• Use organisational features to locate information
• Read and understand texts in different formats
2. Writing: 40 minutes assessment in class
Plan, draft and organise writing
• Two written texts required - one 50-75 words and one 75-100 each approximately
• Sequence writing logically and clearly
• Use basic grammar including appropriate verb-tense and subject-verb agreement
• Check work for accuracy, including spelling
3. Speaking, Listening and Communication: up to 30 minutes with your teacher
• Follow the main points of discussions
• Use techniques to clarify and confirm understanding
• Give own point of view and respond appropriately to others' point of view
• Use appropriate language in formal discussions/exchanges
If you wish to apply for 2020-2021 academic year, please complete the online application form.