Why Should You Take This Course?
This Level 2 Technical Certificate in Barbering aims to provide you with a range of essential and practical skills and knowledge, which will equip you to seek employment or further training within the barbering industry.
This qualification covers all the core skills you will need to progress to further learning and training, or to enter the world of work within the barbering industry.
• You will study the following mandatory content:
• Principles of hairdressing and barbering services
• Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
• Cut hair using basic barbering techniques
• Cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques
• Dry and finish men's hair
• Create basic outlines and detailing in hair
You will work with local employers who will contribute to the knowledge and delivery of training. The different ways in which centres could support your learning, by working with both local and national barbering businesses, include; structured work-experience or work-placements within their business and your attendance at classes or lectures given by industry experts.
Are there any special expenses?
A barbering kit and uniform will be needed for this course.
How will I be assessed?
• Service Portfolio: You must produce a formative service portfolio that includes evidence of practical service carried out with proficiency.
• Graded Practical Assessment and external exams.
You will be also required to undertake a graded synoptic assessment during which you will carry out a range of devices from across the units.
What could I do next?
Following successful completion of this qualification you will be qualified to work in a number of employment destinations such as: barber shops, hairdressing salons, hotels or cruise ships.
If you wish to apply for 2019-2020 academic year, please complete the online application form.