Why Should You Take This Course?
This Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy is a qualification aimed at learners aged 16–19 who are in full-time Level 2 education programme and wish to pursue a career as an employed and/or self-employed beauty therapist.
This qualification covers all the core skills you will need to progress to further learning and training, or to enter the world of work within the hairdressing industry. You will study the following mandatory content:
• Health, safety and hygiene
• Consultation techniques and client care
• Manicure treatments
• Pedicure treatments
• Waxing services
• Facial treatments
• Skin type analysis
• Eyebrow shaping services
• Eyelash and eyebrow tinting services
• Make-up applications
• Anatomy and physiology for beauty therapists
Are there any special expenses?
A Level 2 beauty kit and uniform will be needed for this course.
How will I be assessed?
• Service Portfolio: You must produce a formative service portfolio that includes evidence of practical service carried out with proficiency.
• Graded Practical Assessment and external examinations. This will test your knowledge and understanding from across the whole vocational area.
• Graded Synoptic Assessment.
What could I do next?
Achievement of this qualification demonstrates to an employer that you have the essential skills and knowledge of health and safety, customer service and the necessary technical skills to be employed as a junior colourist. This qualification could lead to a job as a junior colourist working in one of the following establishments:
• Beauty salon or Spa
• Cruise ship
If you wish to apply for 2020-2021 academic year, please complete the online application form.