A range of 3/2 grades at GCSE.
Why Should You Take This Course?
This course is ideal for students who have a genuine interest in business. You will gain a good grounding in the basics of running a real business, which can be applied straight to a job opportunity or will give you the foundations required to continue studying.
This is a one-year course and will introduce you to a wide range of skills, knowledge, and work experience. One of the key elements to the course is a work experience placement to help develop real work-related skills and knowledge. You will also develop your business skills such as marketing with product development and pitching, selling and customer role plays, visual merchandising, teamwork and leadership, plus IT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
During the course, you will study a wide range of areas:
1. Business Context - e.g., types of organisations and the environments in which they operate.
2. People – e.g., legislation which governs the employee lifecycle.
3. Quality and Compliance – e.g., importance of maintaining and improving quality.
4. Finance – e.g., common terms used in financial reporting.
5. Policies and Procedures – e.g., how organisations develop policies.
6. Project and Change Management – e.g., drivers
7. Business Behaviours – e.g., importance of good communication.
How will I be assessed?
You will produce a portfolio of coursework for each unit, which will be assessed by your tutors as evidence for assessment and may be generated through a range of activities including assignment and project work, case studies, workplace assessment, role play, and oral presentation.
Are there any special expenses?
There may be trips to give you the opportunity of seeing various businesses in action.
What could I do next?
Successful completion of this course would allow progression onto Level 3 course such as the T Level in Management and Administration. Anyone who wishes to pursue a career in business would find this an extremely useful qualification.
If you wish to apply for 2022-2023 academic year, please complete the online application form.